Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How Can it Be Both Ways?

I am really struggling with Christians that are voting for a pro-choice candidate. I have had Christian friends tell me that there is more than one issue to vote on. I don't disagree however I do believe that as Christians we have a moral obligation to do the right thing. The tolerance of the church sickens me, and I include myself in that. We have stood and continue to stand almost silent as one by one the things that Scripture teaches us to value are stripped away.

Deuteronomy 30:19 tells us, "This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live." How we can stand quiet on issue like Gay Marriage and the sanctity of life is seriously beyond me. We are in a season that we seem to be focused on our economy more than other things. I certainly understand that things could stand to be better financially, I have friends that have lost their jobs recently and I know it puts a bind on things.

However, I feel we are trading what is moral for a chance at financial prosperity.
Seems to me that God's word says something about pleasing him or pleasing mammon, frankly I just cannot comprehend that. God tried to make it very simple for us. Matthew 6:33 says, " But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." So if I understand Him, if we first seek Him...He will meet all our other needs.

So I wonder, how can it be both ways?

No comments: